What to Expect on the Day of Surgery
This is a brief overview of the activities that typically occur on your surgery day:
- You will be admitted to the hospital or clinic.
- Your vital signs, such as blood pressure and temperature, will be measured.
- A clean hospital gown will be provided.
- An IV (intravenous drip) will be started to give you fluids and medication during and after the procedure.
- All jewellery, dentures (false teeth), contact lenses, and nail polish must be removed.
- Your knee will be scrubbed and shaved in preparation for surgery.
- Where possible, an anaesthetist will discuss the type of anaesthesia that will be used.
- Your surgeon will confirm and mark the correct surgical site and knee.